24 Hour Emergency Care
24-Hour Pet Emergency Care
Heart of Texas Veterinary Specialty Center offers 24-hour emergency veterinary Care for dogs and cats.
- For immediate emergency care please call, (512) 817-2094 for assistance.
- We are located at 115 East Old Settlers Blvd., Round Rock, TX 78664.
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- No appointment is necessary.
Please be ready with the following information:
- Your cell phone or number where you can be reached
- Species and breed
- Estimated size and weight of animal
- Sex and age
- Any prior health problems
- Current medication
- Current condition of animal
If the animal has ingested anything, please bring the label or write down exactly what the pet has eaten. Make sure you bring a leash for dogs and a carrier for cats.
Veterinary Intensive Care
Our intensive care unit is staffed 24 hours per day and 7 days a week. We are able to monitor and treat critical and post-operative patients. Our advanced intensive care unit in Round Rock is designed to provide advanced medical support, including transfusions, oxygen, intravenous fluids, pain management, and nutrition.
Taking Care of Emergencies Before They Happen
Remember, pet emergencies can be stressful situations. Not just for your dog or cat, but for you, too. You can’t be prepared for the unexpected, but you can plan out strategies for dealing with potential issues.
Ask yourself the following questions and create a to-do list if necessary:
- Do you have a pet carrier and does each member of your household know where it is?
- Have you posted our 24-hour emergency number (512) 817-2094 somewhere easy to see and near the door that leads to your car?
- Is your pet’s medical information in a file you can access easily?
Being able to answer these questions can mean the difference between a smooth emergency situation and one that leads to complications.